Friday, August 17, 2012

Fitness & Films #1- Rocky

I love exercising. I had a very active childhood, filled with gymnastics, soccer, football, cheerleading, dance, swimming, and more. No matter how much trouble we got in, we had to go outside to play for a little while everyday (no grounding here!). In University, I was a constant attendee of the gyms on campus. In China, I trekked through snow and ice to work out.

Lately, though, I have turned a bit lazy. I don't have a gym membership in the UK, 1. because of the high cost ($75 per month) and 2. because of the difficulties of getting to the gym (bus or walk- 40 minutes). That being said, I am trying to create a workout plan at home that I will do on a regular basis.

Last night, I figured it out. Often times today, people like to turn movies and TV shows into drinking games. Instead, I am going to turn them into a workout.

Example 1 (which we did last night)- Rocky



This was a great movie to exercise to. Here's what we did:
1. Anytime they are playing the Rocky music, do sit ups.
2. Anytime they are boxing, hold a v-sit until the bell rings
3. Anytime there is a workout montage, do what he does. This is really funny, and difficult! It involved fake boxing, dancing around, and even some slow-motion running.
4. Fake box with workout buddy through the credits (both before and after if you can)
5. 5 pushups whenever he says "Adrienne!"

Ok, this isn't the same as running 5k, hours at the gym, etc.. And there is much more that could be added. But, it was fun, easy, and free. Can't wait to try another movie soon!

But.. not tonight.. It's Fajita and Margarita night. Happy Friday to all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment